Translate

Sunday, October 5, 2014

There's No Place I'd Rather Be

Nearing the end of my first term for senior year, I've decided to take a grab at adding a bit more responsibility to my To-do List.  I've recently been hit with an epiphany of my upcoming adult choices that will soon need to be made, and little did I know, of the overwhelming anxiety that comes along with those decisions.  Personally, I never found priorities to be exceptionally valuable throughout my childhood, but in the last few weeks, I've realized that they are vital to reaching this place of contentment and happiness I've always dreamed of.  Therefore, I've come to the conclusion that, the things I've spent much time in over the years, but have minimal involvement with how I want to spend the rest of my future, were needing to be dismissed from my weekly schedule.  Meaning classes such as choir and culinary arts, were specific things I had to trade in to retake Creative Writing and open up a block to focus on scholarships, daring goals, and finishing my High School Bucket List.  Now, you're probably thinking, why are you retaking a class you've already taken?  Isn't that a waste of your time Logan?  The answer is simple to me.  I like to frequently compare this concept to athletics.  If you want to become better in a certain area, you do what?  You practice.  The same DRILL.  Retaking this class, opens my eyes to things I didn't quite catch last year, and lets me differentiate between the two considering progress.  It isn't silly.  It's smart.  And very enjoyable in my opinion.  Thinking about what I am giving up sometimes forms a twinge of regret in my heart, but then I look at everything I have improved upon, and smile.  There's days we forget what we want isn't what we need.  And what we need isn't what we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment